Tape can be used to support and take pressure off our muscles and joints.
This is a great option for extended support, and commonly used within our Remedial and Myotherapy treatments.
Taping can be very helpful with conditions such as:
Muscle strains/tears, general aches & pains, sprained/rolled ankles, knee pain, shoulder pain and many more!
Special styles of taping can also help support pregnant bellies, decrease swelling/inflammation and speed up the healing process of bruising.
If taping will be required regularly – such as support ankles before a netball game – we can teach you how to tape yourself.
Depending on your present condition, your therapist may use:
- Rigid tape – designed to hold joints in place and provide lots of support and restrict some movement to help prevent re-injury
- Kinesiology tape (k-tape or rock tape) – a stretchy tape, designed to take pressure off muscles/joints and provide some support, without restricting your movement.
Most tape will last 3-5 days. You can get it wet, just try to pat it dry instead of rubbing it dry to help it last longer.
- $10 for 1-2 areas
- $5 per extra area
Private Health Rebates Available
Are you a Melbourne Muscle Medics Member yet?
- Discounted treatments all year round
- Half price birthday voucher
- Be the first to hear about any specials/promotions
- $50 annual fee
Need help? Give us a call.
Why not give us a call, or fill out our online quote form and get a direct response from one of our massage experts.
We’d be happy to answer any questions and provide advice for no obligation.